Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My head's going to explode!

Aww you guys, you come here and check every day, and like a bad landlady I don't show up. Well I'm here now :)

I have news, nothing earth shattering - well actually it is quite literally earth shattering, at least part of it. So I'll start with the earth shattering. Outside my apartment building is a backhoe with a giant jack hammer attached and it is attacking the ground, unearthing chunks of concrete and rocks and breaking them up. It's been going allllllllllllll day and I'm about ready to shatter along with the rocks. I hope it won't be for much longer since I think that the main issue is the old foundations for a little building that was there originally. I hope so.

While digging and clearing, this backhoe most helpfully also cleared the phone line to this building and so I have no ADSL internet, just the USB wifi which costs a whole lot more for a whole lot less data. I've no idea when the line will be repaired, it sure would have been useful if the people responsible had checked to see if there were any underground cables before they started. But you know, that would be reasonable and responsible and suchlike. Who would do that? Am I miffed? Just a teensy weensy bit.

So my day has been full of the musical tones of a huge jackhammer. I can only be thankful I am on the fifth floor and not the ground floor. Even here the floor is reverberating. So is my head. I've been trying to write but getting nowhere at all. It's like the words that circle in my head have been stirred up and they've fractured. So instead  of the smooth series of circles full of words I've got a jumbled up mess. The letters are all at different angles, the words are scrambled and nothing can flow. So when I try to write they get stuck and all I can feel is my head vibrating and the words all tangled up inside.

I'm getting this blog written but it's not as free flowing as usual. I'm making spelling errors and having difficulty getting the wording correct. I keep having to stop and think, which when I write is not something I usually have to do. Generally it all just streams out onto the screen and I don't think at all until I come to edit.

Anyway, enough of my woes. The other news is that I've started the second author page, the one about Sabrina. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/SabrinaStreetCat

Now onto other news. No news on the find an agent front, other than that I've tweaked the synopsis and the query letter and sent them off to a few more. It's the wait that is so frustrating, so it's best to focus on other things while waiting which is what I've been doing.

Yesterday I got a huge morale boost with a fantastic review for one of my little short read books. Reviews are very important to an author - well to this author anyway. They are a means of getting feedback from readers, to know if the book has resonated or not. I feel validated in my choice of career when I read a great review like this one, it really lifted my spirits. I'll share the link for that too in case you're curious as to what makes me smile: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OLYHA5Y

It's the second review :)

Other than that it's been write, plan, keep up with the two new pages, and write some more. It's finding the balance between them all that's a bit tricky but it does seem to be evening out. Well until today anyway. Earlier on I was so frustrated at the fractured insides of my head that I gave up and went and made scones - which turned out brilliantly. I really hope tomorrow won't be so bad, that the jack hammer will be done its job soon.

Have a great few days until I'm back here again, hopefully less fractured next time!

 This is the cause of my brain fracture :)

So I made these

But I still need this sign on my front door!

No comments:

Post a Comment