Monday, April 15, 2013

I'm published!

Well, I'm published on Smashwords, the book has to pass the review for Premium status (if it passes the review it is published with other houses such as the Apple Store and Barnes & Noble) which takes a few days, but I'm there on Smashwords! What a strange feeling, I've taken the first step in my dream - well the second, the first was writing the book!

It feels pretty good, even though I still have a lot of work to do. I have to start the publicity now, sending the book off to reviewers and do all the other myriad things that will make it more visible to potential buyers. It's pretty daunting, but I'm tackling the process one step at a time. Each journey begins with the first step, and I've taken that. I just need to keep on going to reach my destination.

I haven't yet uploaded to Amazon, that's my next step. So tomorrow, upload to Amazon and start the publicity. Today, savour the moment :)

Only a short blog today, it took a lot longer than I thought to upload the book and I'm running out of day. The dog is sitting at the back door. She doesn't care about the book, she just wants to go for a walk. The cats are sitting in front of me, they don't care either, they just want dinner. So I had better get on with things. I'll leave you with a link to the book on Smashwords - mostly so you can see it sitting there looking all professional :) Quite honestly I have no idea if the link will work, but I'll give it a go.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/306522

No comments:

Post a Comment